Pour ceux et celles qui seraient restés sur leur faim avec la sortie de Pac-Man Championship Edition 2, voici un petit romhack fort sympathique.
Le jeu utilise le mapper NROM donc le cartmod est très simple à réaliser.
Voici les caractéristiques et les changements de ce Pac-Man Xtreme :
- Thirty-two new Stages based on twenty-eight original maze designs.
- Stages arranged into eight distinct Zones composed of four Levels each.
- Seven brand new prizes to chase around the mazes.
- One new prize per four-Level Zone, all appearing at random in Zone 8.
- A distinct “?” graphic in the right-side prize indicator for random prizes.
- Four Stage progression play modes: Linear, Singular, Random A, and Random B.
- Newly designed colorful title screen with loads of selectable game options.
- Begin the game on any Stage desired, from 1-1 all the way to 8-4.
- Three selectable blue-Monster “vanishing mazes” options, like Pac-Man Plus.
- Brand new characters including Pac-Xavier, with classic characters returning.
- Four selectable speed options for Pac-Xavier before the game starts.
- Names for Pac-Xavier and the Monsters displayed on the main title screen.
- Choose to begin the game with as little as one or as many as seven lives.
- Opportunities to earn bonus lives every x20000, x50000, and x80000 points.
- The ability to choose whether or not to earn bonus lives at all.
- New status header above each maze, indicating current Stage and prize value.
- New CPU runtime indicator, alongside the top score and game score indicators.
- Only one free “pause” opportunity per Stage… be resourceful, use it wisely.
- Different Monster AI. Things have changed since the days of yore…
- Monsters’ “blue” times lengthened and adjusted for fairness and balance.
- Reprogrammed game code and mazes which utilize vertical tunnels.
- Dynamically varying game difficulty based on player performance per Stage.
- Special barrier pellets which can’t be eaten but instead block certain paths.
- The ability for Pac to cast relocation spells upon himself and the Monsters.
- Opportunities to earn new spells by catching both prizes in each Stage.
- Opportunities to earn spells and 2000-point bonuses for perfect Stage clears.
- The ability to save and store spells for later use, up to three.
- Begin the game with as many spells as desired, from none to three.
- Energy to cast spells acquirable via prizes, indicated by a “CAST” light.
- Remaining alive as being a condition for a “Perfect Clear” is selectable.
- Complete color and graphics makeover for all characters and mazes.
- Brand new, original twelve-frame death animation for Pac-Xavier.
- Brand new and/or tweaked sound effects. Every game sound has been changed.
- New original start music, unique and composed exclusively for Pac-Man Xtreme.
- Two versions: One regular, and one optimized for the “PocketNES” emulator.
Ça se télécharge ici (il faudra patcher la rom) : PacMan Xtreme
Source : RomHacking.net